Practical InformationNOTE THAT ALL INVOICES WILL BE PROCESSED IN SOUTH AFRICAN RANDS (ZAR).
ALL BOOKINGS MUST BE PAID IN ADVANCE - NO PAYMENT, NO ADMITTANCE.
Prices include: VAT (which is payable by everyone attending this event), lunch & refreshments each day registered for, as well as various social events within the applicable registration, documentation and parking.
Prices do not include: Flights, transport or accommodation.
- Bookings may be made online, by email or fax. All bookings will be confirmed by SBS within 48 working hours.
- Payment can be made by electronic/bank transfer or credit card (Visa or MasterCard).
- Payments should be made payable to Strategic Business Services (Pty) Ltd.
- All cancellations must be confirmed in writing and a cancellation reference obtained from SBS.
- Cancellations cannot be refunded if cancelled within 15 working days of the event. Cancellations prior to 15 working days will be refunded less 15% cancellation fee.
- Substitutions of delegates will be permitted and all name changes must be communicated to SBS by fax or email.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances we reserve the right to change the venue, dates and programme.
Passport/visa - A valid passport is required for entry into South Africa. Please check with your local consulate for specific details of visa requirements from your country.
Banks, Currency Exchange and Credit Cards
Currency in South Africa is the South African Rand. Bank hours are normally 9am-15:30 pm Monday to Friday and Saturday mornings 08:00 – 11:00. Visa and MasterCard are the credit cards most used in South Africa. American Express and Diners are not always accepted everywhere.
10% is standard in bars and restaurants – Note that most restaurants add services at 10% to your bill for tables of 6 or more.
The conference centre has wireless internet connectivity and most hotels and guest houses offer this in the rooms.
Getting Around in Stellenbosch
The city centre and around the university are generally safe but best not to walk alone, particularly at night. Private taxis are readily available and can be booked via the hotel. Transport form the hotels/guest houses to the conference venue via mini buses will be available and should be arranged with the conference organisers SBS.
Cell phone: 112
Land line: 107
Electricity Power Supply
Electricity is 220 volt. Power sockets are a three round ring socket type, different to most countries around the world- many hotels do have two prong plug sockets. You most likely will need an adapter.
Smoking is banned in all public buildings in South Africa including restaurants and bars. The Cape Town International Convention Centre is a non-smoking area.
State value added tax is 14% and hotel bed levies 1%. The majority of purchases are subject to State value added tax of 14%.
The Organizing Committees and/or Conference Organizers shall not be held liable for personal accidents or losses or damage to private property of registered delegates of the Conference. Delegates should make their own arrangements in respect of personal insurance.